Summer Science and Nature Camp 2017
No phone registrations accepted.
- Camp Forms and Important Information -Health Form Packet and Camper Information.
- Terms and Conditions for Summer Camp - Important for parents to read.
- Christian Martinisi Summer Camp Scholarship
Now Available by the Week
General Information and Registration
**PLEASE NOTE: Online Registration for Session #4 July 24-25: Forest Forensics is CLOSED. Please call Jenny at 845-534-5506 ext 206 for registration.
Half-day morning sessions, 9am-11:45am, at the Outdoor Discovery Center. Every week will include a field trip day to the Wildlife Education Center. Parents provide transportation.
- Session #106 "Animal Superheroes" is SOLD OUT
- Session #107 "Dino's Rock" is SOLD OUT
Explorers (Ages 5 & 6) Register here!
Full-day sessions, 8:45am-2:45pm, at the Outdoor Discovery Center. Every week will include a field trip day to the Wildlife Education Center. Parents provide transportation.
- Session #202 "Aquatic Adaptations" is SOLD OUT
- Session #203 "Space is the Place" is SOLD OUT
- Limited space for Session #204 "Forest Forensics" Call 845-534-5506 ext 211 for availability
- Limited space for Session #206 "Animal Superheroes" Call 845-534-5506 ext 211 for availability
- Limited space for Session #207 "Dino's Rock" Call 845-534-5506 ext 211 for availability.
Trekkers (Ages 7-12) Register here!
Full-day session, 9am-3pm, at the Outdoor Discovery Center with two days at other locations. One day each week is spent exploring the Hudson River at Kowawese Unique Area in New Windsor. Each week also includes an exciting field trip. Transportation by chartered bus for field trips only (transportation fee included.) Parents provide transportation to local off-site destinations.
- Session #302 "Aquatic Adventures" is SOLD OUT
- Limited space for Session #306 "Animal Superheroes" Call 845-534-5506 ext 211 for availability
Trail Blazers (9 – 12 year olds) One week only: July 17 - 21
Meets 9am-3pm. Join us for Super Science! This camp is based at our Wildlife Education Center, but includes an exciting field trip (transportation by chartered bus) and a day at the Outdoor Discovery Center (parents provide transportation).
- This session is SOLD OUT
Eco-Rangers (Ages 13-16) One week only: July 24 - 28
Meets 9am-3pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; 6pm Thursday to 8am Friday. Three days of wilderness adventuring includes two day-long expeditions to explore the region’s natural treasures. Complete the adventure week with an overnight stay sleeping under the stars on your very own hammock which you can keep!Dinner, s’mores, ice cream and breakfast included
- This session is SOLD OUT
Teen Volunteers (Ages 15 - 18)
If you enjoyed nature camp, and you are now ready to share your experiences as a CIT (counselor-in-training), please help us! Please fill out the CIT Application in addition to the required forms listed under Teen Volunteers.
Please note: Online registration will close the Wednesday morning before each session is set to begin (FOR EXAMPLE: The session beginning Monday, July 10 will close on Wednesday, July 5)
#100HoursUnplugged Summer Challange
Kids now log an average of 7.5 hours of screen time per day. And do you know how much time they’re spending outside? Approximately 4 -7 minutes. It’s time to unplug. The Hudson Highlands Nature Center invites you to take on the #100HoursUnplugged challenge this summer. Learn more at www.100HoursUnplugged.com.