Scout Programs and Workshops
We offer the very best in scout programming! Bring your den, pack or troop to the Museum for one of our "wildly" popular badge workshops or Maple Sugar Tours during Maple Sugar Season.
Cub Scouts - maximum 25 Scouts per session
Girl Scouts - maximum 25 Scouts per session.
Bring your troop, pack or den for a 2 hour afternoon of learning and fun. Each Scout receives a Museum fun patch and Certificate of Completion for badges or awards earned. Dress for hiking on our trails and the weather.
Cost: $15 each for scouts, adult leaders are free. Only 2 “Youth Protection” trained adult leaders are permitted to attend for a group of 10 scouts or less. If there are more than 10 scouts attending, then the adult requirement is a 5:1 ratio of scouts to adults. *Siblings are not permitted to attend any scout workshops. See below: A $50 deposit will hold your reservation - Payment in full is due 2 weeks prior to event.
For all questions and/or if you have 3 Scouts or less, please call Heather at 845.534.5506 x211.
For all workshops: Please wear long pants and sturdy sneakers or hiking boots. Dress appropriate for the weather as much of the day will be spent outdoors on our trails.
Our program workshops will cover the following:
- Completion of requirements necessary for the Badge/Adventure featured (troop is responsible for purchase of badge after completion)
- Museum fun patch for each scout
- Certificate of Requirement Completion
- Gift Shop
- Light Refreshments available for purchase
A deposit of $50 will hold your reservation.
Balance due 2 weeks prior to program date.
MasterCard and Visa accepted.
If you have any questions, call heather at 845.534.5506 x211
*Siblings are not permitted to attend the workshops, due to limited spacing. However, if a sibling cannot stay at home then a parent may use the property for hiking free of charge. They may also take advantage of our Grasshopper Grove nature play facility at $5 per person.
Girl Scout Workshops
All programs 1:45pm-3:45pm
- Daisy: October 13th "Earth & Sky Journey"
- Brownie: October 21st "Wonders of Water"
- Juniors: November 18th “Get Moving Journey”
- Cadettes: December 2nd “Breathe”
Cub Scout Workshops
Most programs 1:45pm-3:45pm EXCEPT for Webelo/Arrow of Light at 2:30 – 3:45pm
- Tiger/Lion: Saturday, October 6th "Mountain Lion/Tigers in the Wild"
- Wolf: October 14th "Call of the Wild"
- Webelos/AoL: November 4th “Walkabout!”
- Bear: November 11th "Furs, Feathers & Ferns"