Run Wild! Meadows & Trails 5K
Saturday, October 21st at 9 a.m.
All proceeds from this event benefit Nature Education Programs at the Museum
Enjoy majestic scenery and gorgeous autumn color as you run (or walk!) past muskrat ponds, thru tall grass meadows, along wide grassy paths, elevated berm views, clearly marked wooded trails, and past Grasshopper Grove at the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum (HHNM). Our entire 5K course is off road and remains on our property! Your participation in this non-profit event will greatly support the wonderful Adult and Family programs the Museum offers throughout the year, and the nature-based education programs provided to schools in inner-city locations.Come and share the glorious view of Black Rock Mountain cloaked in fall splendor while supporting an incredible Hudson Valley resource, the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum.
This event is rain or shine!
PLEASE NOTE: Dogs are NOT permitted on the Property. Stroller running is forbidden, as the trails are not suited to strollers.
Location: The Hudson Highlands Nature Museum's Outdoor Discovery Center: 120 Muser Road (across from 174 Angola Road, Cornwall, NY 12518. Click here for a map and directions.
Free parking is available onsite
Date & Times:
- RACE PACKET PICKUP & LATE REGISTRATION: Saturday, Oct. 21st, 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Runners begin: 9:00 am
- Awards Ceremony: 10:30 am
- 50/50 raffle throughout the morning
Race Distance: 5 kilometers (3.1 mile) Measured by Orange Runners Club members
Registration & Entry Fee:
- $25.00 5K Pre-entry Fee thru October 13th, 2017
- $35.00 after October 13th, 2017
- FEE INCLUDES: Race packet, Runners Gloves (first 200 entries guaranteed), post-race refreshments, participation award to all, gift awards/medals to place winners and free parking. A 50/50 Raffle will also be available!
- Register online or by mail (see below for registration), it must be postmarked by October 13th, 2017. Mail to:
For more information and to become a Sponsor, contact Jessica Oliveri in the Museum's Development Office at 845-534-5506 ext 215 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU to our Corporate Sponsors: